- Serves 2 Trees
envelopes Fleischmann's® RapidRise Yeast
1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup
butter OR margarine
- Filling and Icing
3 to 4 teaspoons
Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
Spice Islands® Ground Saigon Cinnamon
green chocolate coated candies
In This Recipe
- Combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, undissolved yeast and salt in large mixer bowl.
- Heat milk, water and 1/3 cup butter until very warm (120° to 130°F); butter does not need to melt.
- Add to flour mixture; beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Add eggs and 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Stir in remaining flour to make stiff batter; grease top. Cover tightly with plastic wrap; refrigerate 2 hours or up to 2 days.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and punch dough down.
- Remove dough to lightly floured surface; divide in half. Set aside 1 half. Roll remaining dough to 16x10-inch rectangle.
- Melt remaining 1/4 cup butter; brush 2 tablespoons over dough.
- Sprinkle evenly with half of cinnamon filling.
- Beginning at long end, roll up tightly as for jelly roll; pinch seam to seal. With sharp knife, cut roll into 12 equal pieces.
- On lower third of large greased baking sheet, arrange 4 rolls, cut sides up, in a row with edges touching.
- Form tree shape with additional rows of rolls - 3 rolls in second row, 2 rolls in third row, 1 roll in fourth row, and 2 for the trunk. Repeat with remaining dough, butter and filling. Cover; let rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until done, switching positions of sheets halfway through baking time for even browning.
- Remove from sheets; let cool on wire racks. Drizzle with Vanilla icing. Decorate "trees" with green and red candies.
- Cinnamon Filling: Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Stir well.
- Vanilla Icing: Combine powdered sugar, milk and vanilla in a small bowl. Stir until smooth.