If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Serves 2 trees
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 envelopes Fleischmann's® RapidRise Yeast
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup butter OR margarine
- 2 eggs
Filling and Icing
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons Spice Islands® Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup green chocolate coated candies
- Combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, undissolved yeast and salt in large mixer bowl.
- Heat milk, water and 1/3 cup butter until very warm (120° to 130°F); butter does not need to melt.
- Add to flour mixture; beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Add eggs and 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Stir in remaining flour to make stiff batter; grease top. Cover tightly with plastic wrap; refrigerate 2 hours or up to 2 days.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and punch dough down.
- Remove dough to lightly floured surface; divide in half. Set aside 1 half. Roll remaining dough to 16x10-inch rectangle.
- Melt remaining 1/4 cup butter; brush 2 tablespoons over dough.
- Sprinkle evenly with half of cinnamon filling.
- Beginning at long end, roll up tightly as for jelly roll; pinch seam to seal. With sharp knife, cut roll into 12 equal pieces.
- On lower third of large greased baking sheet, arrange 4 rolls, cut sides up, in a row with edges touching.
- Form tree shape with additional rows of rolls - 3 rolls in second row, 2 rolls in third row, 1 roll in fourth row, and 2 for the trunk. Repeat with remaining dough, butter and filling. Cover; let rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until done, switching positions of sheets halfway through baking time for even browning.
- Remove from sheets; let cool on wire racks. Drizzle with Vanilla icing. Decorate "trees" with green and red candies.
- Cinnamon Filling: Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Stir well.
- Vanilla Icing: Combine powdered sugar, milk and vanilla in a small bowl. Stir until smooth.