If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love butternut squash soup, but I hate when it is laden with cream. I created this in my pursuit of a fresh and light soup. —Hilarybee
Serves 4 dinner portions; 6-8 side dish portions
- 1 medium butternut squash, chopped into 1 inch chunks
- 3-4 stalks of fresh lemon grass
- 1 Cortland apple, chopped
- 32 ounces of vegetable stock
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger, cleaned and peeled
- regular coconut milk, to taste
- Place the squash, apple, lemongrass, ginger and stock in a stock pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for about 20-25 minutes or until squash is fork tender.
- Let the mixture cool for about 5-10 minutes. It should still be warm, but not hot. Pick out the lemongrass stalks. Puree using an immersion blender. Reheat to desired temperature when ready to serve.
- Spoon soup into bowls. Pour 1-2 tablespoons of coconut milk in each bowl before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Butternut Squash