If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Protein packed appetizer perfect for entertaining! Hearty cakes loaded w/parsley, onion, & lemon juice. —Holly
For The Salmon Cakes:
- 2 pounds salmon fillet
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 large onion, diced, sauteed
- 2/3 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise (or regular mayo if you prefer)
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 large egg (or 2 egg whites), lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400. Rinse and pat dry the salmon, then place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Roast until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Allow to cool 5 minutes then using fork s flake or separate the salmon into small pieces.
- Place salmon in a large bowl. Add onions, breadcrumbs, parsley, mayo, mustard, egg, & lemon juice. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper, then mix gently.
- Using a 1 1/2 inch scoop (or your hands), form the mixture into balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- If you are freezing the salmon cakes, leave them on the baking sheet and place them in the freezer. Once firm, store them in a resealable freezer bag until needed. (When you want to cook them, place them back on a baking sheet while still frozen, and allow them to thaw in the fridge for at least 4-5 hours. Then proceed with baking per the next step in these instructions.)
- To finish the cakes, bake on 400 for about 15-20 minutes, just until they start to crisp and become golden.
For The Sriracha Lemon Aioli:
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl, and whisk thoroughly. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.