Author Notes: today while searching for what to do with left over rice in the takeout box. It is an adaption of Huevos Rancheras for breakfast. —bruce
tablespoons olive oil
cup salsa verde
cups canned tomatillos
cup enchilada sauce
cup corn meal
cup lime juice
cups left-over rice(cooked)
In This Recipe
- toast pepitas in a dry pan, about 1 minute
- add olive oil and saute
- add corn meal continue to saute
- add salsa, tomatillos, enchilada sauce simmer 15-20 minutes until reduced by 1/3
- add rice, mix well reduce heat to low fry a few minutes
- flip rice, open a space in the rice to fry an egg.
- serve hot with a dollop of sour crème.