If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: today while searching for what to do with left over rice in the takeout box. It is an adaption of Huevos Rancheras for breakfast. —bruce
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1 1/2 cups canned tomatillos
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup corn meal
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 cups left-over rice(cooked)
- toast pepitas in a dry pan, about 1 minute
- add olive oil and saute
- add corn meal continue to saute
- add salsa, tomatillos, enchilada sauce simmer 15-20 minutes until reduced by 1/3
- add rice, mix well reduce heat to low fry a few minutes
- flip rice, open a space in the rice to fry an egg.
- serve hot with a dollop of sour crème.