Whether it’s by the bowl in front of the TV, or from coloured mason jars at a party’s end, our caramel popcorn is the best treat for the moment, whatever it may be.
The popcorn’s savoury nature subtly offsets the glossy sweetness of the enveloping caramel to create a moreish coupling that’s impossible to refuse.
Our recipe is wonderfully easy to make and with little to no mess, too. It’s absolute perfection. —Organic Times
cup popcorn kernels
tablespoon coconut oil
cups Organic Times Rapadura Sugar
cup Organic Times Butter
cup pure cream
teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- POPCORN: Heat coconut oil in a large pot over high heat
- Add 3 kernels to the pan to test and cover. Once kernels pop, add remaining kernels. Shake pan occasionally; keep over high heat until popping slows
- Measure 12 cups (approx.) of popcorn; spread into two 22 x 33 cm baking dishes Set aside.
- CARAMEL SAUCE: Place the rapadura, butter and cream into a medium-sized saucepan Stir over a medium heat
- Bring mixture to the boil then boil for 1 minute, whilst stirring
- Pour mixture into mixing bowl and add vanilla extract. Whip with beaters for 3 minutes until the sauce thickens
- Serve immediately or pour into a glass jar and store in refrigerator.
- ASSEMBLY: Stir in ½ teaspoon of sea salt into heated CARAMEL SAUCE
- Drizzle Caramel Sauce over POPCORN
- Bake at 120 C for 10 minutes, then stir the popcorn.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes
- Serve freshly baked.