If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Great end of the summer pasta. —kpostawa
- 2 cups red chcherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups yellow cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus extra for seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus extra for seasoning
- 1/2 cup Italian-style seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 pound ziti or other short tube-shaped pasta
- 1 1/4 cups Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter an 8 by 8-inch glass baking dish. Set aside.
- Place the tomatoes, capers, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in the prepared baking dish. Toss to coat. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the tomato mixture. Drizzle the top with olive oil and bake for 30 to 35 minutes until the top is golden. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Place the pasta in a large serving bowl. Spoon the tomato mixture onto the pasta. Add the cheese and toss well. Thin out the sauce with a little pasta water, if needed. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve immediately.