Author Notes: Easy & delicious homemade strawberry jelly recipe for canning & preserving.
Originally published in: http://amenvamen.com/recipe/homemade-strawberry-jelly/ —Amen V Amen
Prep time: 24 hrs 15 min
Cook time: 25 min
cups granulated sugar
cup lemon juice
tablespoons pectin (optional)
- Easy & delicious homemade strawberry jelly recipe for canning & preserving. Goes perfectly with Hanukkah Sufganiyot, Oznei Haman or a slice of bread.
- On a separate pan, heat the center lids to a simmer as well
- Mash the strawberries using a food masher (steel recommended) and add them to a large pot
- Pour lemon juice, sugar and pectin to the pot and start whisking till they dissolve in the mixture
- Boil the mixture for around 1 minute while stirring.
- Turn off the heat and skim off the appearing foam with a spoon
- Start filling the mason jars with jam one at a time with a wide-mouth funnel. Clean the resedue from the jar’s exterior.
- Place the center lids on the jars Tip:Make sure to leave a little space at the top of the jar
- Fill the canning pot with water, and boil for 10 minutes
- Turn off the heat, and let the jars cool off for a few minutes
- Using a jar lifter, remove the jars from the hot water and keep them out for 24 hours
- After 24 hours, check the lids for seal. If sealed properly, store the jars in a pantry or kitchen cabinet & Enjoy!