If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
cups granulated sugar
cup lemon juice
tablespoons pectin (optional)
- Easy & delicious homemade strawberry jelly recipe for canning & preserving. Goes perfectly with Hanukkah Sufganiyot, Oznei Haman or a slice of bread.
- On a separate pan, heat the center lids to a simmer as well
- Mash the strawberries using a food masher (steel recommended) and add them to a large pot
- Pour lemon juice, sugar and pectin to the pot and start whisking till they dissolve in the mixture
- Boil the mixture for around 1 minute while stirring.
- Turn off the heat and skim off the appearing foam with a spoon
- Start filling the mason jars with jam one at a time with a wide-mouth funnel. Clean the resedue from the jar’s exterior.
- Place the center lids on the jars Tip:Make sure to leave a little space at the top of the jar
- Fill the canning pot with water, and boil for 10 minutes
- Turn off the heat, and let the jars cool off for a few minutes
- Using a jar lifter, remove the jars from the hot water and keep them out for 24 hours
- After 24 hours, check the lids for seal. If sealed properly, store the jars in a pantry or kitchen cabinet & Enjoy!