If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Bread & Butter Pudding is a wonderful British desert, which I discovered only quite recently. (shame on me) Comforting and mouth-watering this pudding is easy to make and you can add all sorts of ingredients to it – dried fruits, spices, fresh berries, chocolate, you name it.
Back in medieval times it was made out of leftovers, hence its versatility, and called poor man’s food although now it is served in top restaurant across the globe. For my version I use combination of sweet white chocolate, marzipan and sharp berries to balance the flavours.Oh and don’t panic, I know there are quite a few calories in this White Chocolate Marzipan Bread & Butter Pudding but hey, we all need a little extra to keep us warm in the winter right? —Kirill Greidan
pieces Thin Slices of Brioche
grams White Chocolate
grams Caster Sugar
Zest of 1 Orange
- Preheat the oven to 180C or 350F degrees.
- Line 3 small loose bottom cake tins (I use 10cm diameter tins) with parchment paper and grease with some butter. Make sure you line it in such way that liquid wont leak.
- Spread the butter on thinly cut slices of brioche bread. Cut the slices horizontally into two halves.
- Now stuck the brioche vertically against the sides of the tin with buttered side facing inwards then repeat until the tin is filled in with brioche. You should end up with a pretty “rose-like” pattern.
- In between the layers of brioche stuck small chunks of marzipan, white chocolate and berries.
- In a bowl lightly beat the eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla.
- Pour the mixture over the brioche (do it slowly to allow bread to absorb liquid)
- Sprinkle some orange zest on top, put puddings on the baking tray to prevent any leakage and bake for 25min.
- Check the oven occasionally and if the bread crust will start getting a little too brown on the edges cover the top of the puddings with foil.