If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Bark for all! This is the perfect homemade treat for the holiday gift-giving season. —thesweetnerd
- 8 ounces Butter
- 1 1/3 cups Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Water
- 1 tablespoon Corn Syrup
- 1 cup Whole Almonds, toasted, finely chopped
- 8 ounces Hershey's Chocolate Bar
- Melt the butter in a small pot. Add the sugar, syrup, and water. Attach thermometer and cook the mixture to 300 degrees. Stir in the coarsely chopped almonds.
- While the above is cooking to 300 degrees, grease a baking sheet with butter or spray, line with parchment and grease the parchment. Set aside.
- After the nuts have been added to the sugar mixture, quickly pour the mixture onto the prepared pan. Spread it slightly and let cool.
- While the above is cooling, melt the chocolate in a bain-marie (double boiler). Once brittle is cool, pour chocolate and spread evenly over brittle. Last, add nuts. Once chocolate has set, break into pieces and serve.