If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The cake contains a hidden coin, which gives good luck to the receiver. —elena antoniou
grams unsalted butter
grams almond flour
grams sour cream, or yogurt
ml fresh orange juice
grams cake flour
teaspoon orange peel
heaped teaspoons baking powder
grams amaretto liqueur, or equivalent
Pinch of salt.
- Preheat the oven at 150 degrees Celsius. Line the base of a 26 cm springform cake tin, with wax paper and grease the sides.
- In mixer, cream the sugar and butter for at least 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs one by one, then add the orang juice, zest, milk and cream.
- Mix in a bowl the sifted flour with the almond flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gently add the dry ingredients to the mixer in three batches, together with the amaretto.
- Pour the batter in the baking pan. At this stage add the coin. (Wrapped and sealed in aluminum foil)
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until a thin sharp knife comes out clean when inserted in the center of the cake.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before releasing the cake from the pan.
- When completely cool dust some icing sugar on top.