If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The cake contains a hidden coin, which gives good luck to the receiver. —elena antoniou
- 260 grams unsalted butter
- 300 grams sugar
- 3 Large eggs
- 150 grams almond flour
- 50 grams sour cream, or yogurt
- 150 ml fresh orange juice
- 350 grams cake flour
- 1 teaspoon orange peel
- 2 heaped teaspoons baking powder
- 25 grams amaretto liqueur, or equivalent
- Pinch of salt.
- Preheat the oven at 150 degrees Celsius. Line the base of a 26 cm springform cake tin, with wax paper and grease the sides.
- In mixer, cream the sugar and butter for at least 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs one by one, then add the orang juice, zest, milk and cream.
- Mix in a bowl the sifted flour with the almond flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gently add the dry ingredients to the mixer in three batches, together with the amaretto.
- Pour the batter in the baking pan. At this stage add the coin. (Wrapped and sealed in aluminum foil)
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until a thin sharp knife comes out clean when inserted in the center of the cake.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before releasing the cake from the pan.
- When completely cool dust some icing sugar on top.
More Great Recipes: