If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had wanted to prepare Fideo but didn't have all the ingredients so I came up with this fast, tasty and healthy one-pot dish. When the soba noodles were added it looked like a birds nest had been been put in the pot. —James Spitznas
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 12 ounces Soba Noodles, broken into 3" pieces
- 5 ounces Spinach
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 15 ounces Can Diced Tomatoes
- 15 ounces Can Red Kidney Beans
- 1 quart Vegetable Broth
- Place the olive oil in a 5 qt saute pan and heat over medium heat. When hot add the chopped onion and saute for several minutes until softened, Add the soba noodles and stir for a couple of minutes until noodles are well coated with oil.
- Add the spices and minced garlic to the pan and stir briefly. Add the vegetable broth and tomatoes and stir well. Bring the mixture to a simmer and then add the spinach a handful at a time until it has wilted. After the spinach has wilted add the kidney beans and simmer for 5 minutes until everything has heated through.