If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sicily's fresh fennel, oranges and granular sea salt
Beautiful contrast in colours and served very cold you will enjoy the firework of the salt calmed down by the fennel and relaunched by the oranges. —Peppino
- 2 fennels
- 3 oranges
- 2-3 pinches granular salt
- 3-5 tablespoons olive oil extra vergine
- 1 bunch fresh peppermint
- 1 juice of a fresh pressed orange
- 1 cup pomegranate
- 1 bunch majoram
- scatter a pinch of granular salt on a large plate and pour with a tablespoon of olive oil
- slice the fennel and the oranges separately and cover the plate with a first layer fennel and cover with the first layer oranges.
- scatter again a pinch of granular salt over the fennel-oranges layer and pour with a second tablespoon of olive oil
- Lay now a second and third layer fennel and oranges and scatter each fennel and oranges layer with salt and pour with olive oil as much as you like. Add some pressed orange juice juice and a bunch of peppermint, a cup of pomegranate and some majoram on top of the salad and put the plate in the fridge or outside in winter. The colder the better