If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Veggie Lentil bowls are simple and delicious. They're healthy and pocket friendly, and are a great option for a quick vegan dinner.
Salting lentils prior cooking makes them tough, so make sure to use unsalted broth there. You can also substitute 2 tbsp nutritional yeast plus 4 cups of water.
- 1 cup lentils
- 4 medium carrots
- 4-5 cups medium-packed kale, chopped and shredded
- 2 cups purple cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sliced jalapeno
- 4 cups unsalted veggie broth
- 1 piece salt to taste
- Place lentils, carrots, cabbage, onion, garlic, bay leaf, and jalapeno in a wide and deep skillet. Cover with broth.
- Place lid over skillet and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally for 25-30 minutes.
- Add kale, cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Add salt to taste. Serve with love, and side of avocado and tortilla chips.