If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: a bright kale salad with a creamy low fat vegan poppy seed dressing —AnnieCate
Creamy low-fat vegan poppy seed dressing
- 1 can low sodium or organic canellini beans
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 1/4 tablespoons maple strup
- Drain and rinse the beans. Soak in water for 5-10 min. Drain, rinse, and soak 5-10 min again. Rinse again. Taste. If they are totally bland, you are ready to go. If not, repeat until they are bland.
- Blend beans, lemon juice, maple syrup, and garlic in a food processor till smooth.
- Stir in poppy seeds and salt.
Salad and nut cheese
- 1 3/4 cups pecans
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 6 cups medium-packed kale
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup chunked pineapple
- 1 handful toasted corn (corn nuts)
- 1 handful dried cranberries
- Soak nuts in water for 1 hour. Drain well. Toss into a blender until crumbly, add nutritional yeast and salt. Use your fingers to press the crumbles into cubes, if desired.
- Wilt the kale in the microwave for 3 minutes.
- Toss kale with cabbage, pineapple, grapefruit, corn nuts, cranberries, and nut cheese.
- Serve with love and drizzle with dressing as desired.