If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I like to use a very high-quality milk chocolate in this recipe, like Valrhona, which I find to be the perfect amount of creamy and not overly sweet, plus the texture is silky smooth. I like to add a little bit of cocoa powder to boost the chocolate flavor. And a little cinnamon warms it all up. —Erin McDowell
Makes 1 cup of cocoa
- 4 ounces good quality milk chocolate (like Valrhona), chopped
- 1 teaspoon good quality cocoa powder
- 1 cup whole milk
- Pinch cinnamon
- Place the milk chocolate and cocoa powder in a heat safe bowl or liquid measuring cup.
- Bring the milk and cinnamon to a gentle simmer over medium heat. Pour the hot milk over the milk chocolate/cocoa and let sit for 15 seconds.
- Whisk the mixture until the chocolate is fully melted and the cocoa is smooth (if you whisk vigorously, the mixture will get frothy and if you mix slowly, it will stay smoother). Pour into a mug and drink warm.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
More Great Recipes: