If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Caramelized white chocolate is so incredibly luscious—still smooth and creamy like white chocolate, but with so much more depth and those milky caramel notes are to die for. For maximum decadence, I use a little less milk than usual, which makes it even richer. It's always best with a hefty pinch of salt. —Erin McDowell
Makes 1 cup of cocoa
- 4 ounces caramelized white chocolate, chopped (it is available online, or you can make your own: https://food52.com/blog/5725-valrhona-s-caramelized-white-chocolate-3-simple-ways-to-use-it)
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- Pinch of salt
- Place the caramelized white chocolate in a heat safe bowl or liquid measuring cup.
- Bring the milk to a gentle simmer over medium heat. Pour the hot milk over the caramelized white chocolate and let sit for 15 seconds.
- Whisk the mixture until the chocolate is fully melted and the cocoa is smooth (if you whisk vigorously, the mixture will get frothy—if you mix slowly, it will stay smoother). Season with salt to taste. Pour into a mug and drink warm.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
More Great Recipes: