If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This isn't so much of a recipe as a ratio for making your own homemade cocoa mix. A lot of cocoa mix recipes also include powdered milk (which you can do at 1.5 times the amount of the cocoa powder), but that's assuming you'll mix it with water. Since I always make my cocoa with milk, I leave the powdered out of the mix—and sometimes I dress it up with a little spice of some sort. —Erin McDowell
Makes about 16 cups of cocoa
- 1 cup good-quality cocoa powder (dark cocoa is especially nice)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Pinch salt
- Spices: cinnamon, cardamom, or a pinch of cayenne are all awesome (optional)
- Sift the cocoa and powdered sugar together. Whisk in the salt and any spices, if using.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 months.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
More Great Recipes: