Author Notes: The clumpiest, chunkiest granola EVER. But also....it's kind of like a cereal bar? GranolaCerealBar? —AnnieCate
Makes: 3-4 cups of huge granola chunks
cups toasted rice square cereal (like rice chex)
cup quick-cook oats
cup pecan pieces
tablespoons maple syrup
tablespoons coconut oil
tablespoons brown sugar
generous dash of salt
In This Recipe
- Place the rice squares, the quick oats, and the pecan pieces in a bowl and stir them up.
- In a small microwaveable container, place the maple syrup, the coconut oil, the brown sugar, the cinnamon, and the salt. Microwave until the coconut oil is melted, about 30 seconds to 1 minute, stirring every 15 seconds. Watch closely so it doesn't boil over.
- Pour the maple mix over the cereal mix and stir well to coat.
- Press the mix into a parchment lined 8 x 8 glass pan. Make sure that the quick cook oats are distributed evenly in the pan. This is key to the big chunks.
- Microwave the whole thing for 2 minutes
- Place in the fridge for 15 minutes, until hardened.
- Using a gentle rocking motion, cut into 4 squares, and then cut each square into 2 triangles. You'll end up with mostly large chunks, a few smaller chucks, and some crumbles. Enjoy and serve with love