If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The clumpiest, chunkiest granola EVER. But also....it's kind of like a cereal bar? GranolaCerealBar? —AnnieCate
Makes: 3-4 cups of huge granola chunks
cups toasted rice square cereal (like rice chex)
cup quick-cook oats
cup pecan pieces
tablespoons maple syrup
tablespoons coconut oil
tablespoons brown sugar
generous dash of salt
- Place the rice squares, the quick oats, and the pecan pieces in a bowl and stir them up.
- In a small microwaveable container, place the maple syrup, the coconut oil, the brown sugar, the cinnamon, and the salt. Microwave until the coconut oil is melted, about 30 seconds to 1 minute, stirring every 15 seconds. Watch closely so it doesn't boil over.
- Pour the maple mix over the cereal mix and stir well to coat.
- Press the mix into a parchment lined 8 x 8 glass pan. Make sure that the quick cook oats are distributed evenly in the pan. This is key to the big chunks.
- Microwave the whole thing for 2 minutes
- Place in the fridge for 15 minutes, until hardened.
- Using a gentle rocking motion, cut into 4 squares, and then cut each square into 2 triangles. You'll end up with mostly large chunks, a few smaller chucks, and some crumbles. Enjoy and serve with love