If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After a hard and tiring day at work this is the best bowl of soup that warms you up with its delicate flavours thru these cold winter nights. It’s easy to do, doesn’t need much attention, and is rich, spicy and deliciously creamy. —Piper Nigrum (GamzE)
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 glass white wine
- 1 cup vegetable stock (water)
- 3 fresh chillies
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh galangal( or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 fresh lemon grass
- 250 milliliters coconut milk
- fresh coriander leaves
- Clean and trim the cauliflower in small size florets. Cook them in a steamer basket until soft.
- In a dry heavy skillet, over medium heat toast the cumin, fennel and coriander seeds till they give off an aroma , stirring or shaking the pan often. Cool and grind in a seed grinder.
- In a large pot add olive oil, heat and add diced onions, mashed garlic, grated galangal, chopped lemongrass and the spices. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the white wine. Reduce until half.
- Add the cooked cauliflower florets to the mix and pour the vegetable broth on top. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Using a stick blender, blitz the soup until creamy and smooth, add a splash more water if it is too thick.
- Finally add the coconut milk and simmer for another 5 -10minutes. Serve with cilantro and chili slices..