If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had some nice French sausage sitting in my fridge, which I had bought from the Straw Stick and Brick stand at the Farmers market. Beans and sausage is such a wonderful combination and total comfort food! Feel free to use any sausage here. I used a spice called Whoop Ass (love the name!) Whoop Ass is spicy so a little goes a long way. It contains: Habanero, Chipotle, Ancho, Birdseye, and Cayenne Chilies. Cumin, Fennel Seed, Brown Mustard Seed, Oregano, Allspice, Black pepper, Organic Vermont Maple Sugar, Organic Onion, Organic Garlic and Himalayan Pink Salt. You can use a combination some of these spices and chilies or just purchase a can of Whoop Ass :) —Marale Garabetian
- 1 15.5 oz can of Butter beans (drained)
- 1 15.5 oz can of Navy beans (drained)
- 2 sausages (any kind. I used Toulouse)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 shallot (diced)
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Whoop Ass spice
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mince the garlic.
- Dice the shallot.
- In a skillet, on medium heat, cook the garlic and onion in 1 tbsp of olive oil until translucent and smells great :)
- Remove the outer layer of the sausages, cut lengthwise, chop into bite size pieces, and cook for about 8-10 minutes.
- Drain and add the beans.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes.
- Add the water, spices and season with salt and pepper. Give it a stir.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for 30 to 45 minutes.
- The apartment should smell amazing! Season again if needed, garnish with parsley and eat!