If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These are the perfect compromise when you want the eggs but you also want the pancakes. They're packed with so much great green stuff and they're perfect topped with a crispy fried egg! —Emanuelle Lee
Makes 6 crepes
- 1 cup white spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon agave
- 1 jalepeno, stem removed
- 1 egg
- 5 handfuls fresh parsley
- 1 handful spinach
- 1 handful mint
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 egg per crepe
- 1 handful fresh mint and parsley
- 1 splash sriracha
- In a food processor, combine the egg, coconut milk, coconut oil, cider vinegar, agave and all the greens and jalapeño. Blend until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt. Blend again until smooth. You should have a pale green batter with flecks of the greens.
- Heat a frying pan on low heat. Grease the pan with an oiled paper towel. Scoop about 1/2 cup of batter into the pan and spread around the pan so it's a thin layer. When bubbles start to form (about 4 minutes), and the pancake has turned very green, use a spatula to flip it over for another 2 minutes.
- To serve, top each crepe with a crispy fried egg, half an avocado with a squeeze of lime, some freshly chopped parsley and mint and generous squirt of Sriracha.
- You can make the pancakes a day ahead and gently reheat them in foil in the oven or in the microwave.