If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Do you have a weakness for something sweet when relaxing with a cuppa? Why not try our Cocoa Cashew Slice!
No baking and no guilt, this nutty recipe is perfect for when you really want to cut the calories but still want to hit that chocolatey sweet spot.
Omitting sugar and adding maple syrup makes this slice is a nutritious and moreish wholefood treat. It’s a quick recipe to whizz up on the weekend and store in the fridge for the week ahead. —Organic Times
Makes 30 depending on the size you cut them.
cups Organic Cashews
cup Organic Desiccated Coconut + extra for sprinkling on top
tablespoons 'Organic Times' Cocoa Powder
tablespoon Organic Coconut Oil
Medjool Dates (pitted)
teaspoons Vanilla Extract
tablespoons Maple Syrup
- Line small square/rectangular baking tin with baking paper and set aside.
- In a food processor, do a quick blitz of the cashews then add remaining ingredients and blitz well until well combined.
- Spoon evenly into a lined tin, sprinkle coconut on top and pop in fridge or freezer to set.
- Once set remove from fridge/freezer and cut into small pieces.
- Can be stored in fridge for up to a week. Can also be stored in the freezer, be sure to wrap in airtight container.