If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chewy, no bake, healthy granola bars that are easy to make and a great way to keep those pesky hunger pangs at bay!
Makes 10 servings
- 1.5 cups large flake oats
- 1 cup date paste
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup dried figs, chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the oats, almonds and walnuts on the baking sheet and toast in the oven for 8-10 minutes until golden and nicely toasted.
- Transfer the oats, almonds and walnuts to a large mixing bowl. Add the date paste and chopped dried figs to the bowl along with a pinch of salt.
- In a saucepan, combine honey, peanut butter and maple syrup and place over low heat. Stir together just until melted and then pour over the oats and dates.
- Mix everything thoroughly and then transfer to a parchment lined baking pan (ideally 8x8). Press down with the back of a measuring cup or a glass to flatten the surface.
- Refrigerate for half an hour until the bars are firm. Remove from the baking pan and cut into even sized squares or 10 bars.