Beets & Red Cabbage Pasta - to add the Gorgonzola or not to add the Gorgonzola... that is the question.
Beets & Red Cabbage Pasta - to add the Gorgonzola or not to add the Gorgonzola... that is the question.—mtlabor
cups elbow macaroni/spiral pasta
slices Pancetta, chopped
golden beets, peeled and cubed
1 & 1/2
cups beef stock
tablespoons olive oil
juice from 1 lemon
ounces Gorgonzola crumbles (optional)
cup pistachios, chopped
garlic cloves, minced
cup red cabbage, shredded
salt and pepper to taste
In This Recipe
- Heat a large skillet under medium high heat, and add pancetta. Cook until pancetta starts to brown, about 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove the pancetta and set aside on paper towel-lined plate, leaving any grease in the pan.
- Add the beets, cabbage, and garlic to pan. Saute for about 1 minute and add in beef stock. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions for al dente. Drain pasta and reserve about 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Toss the pasta in with the beets and cabbage along with lemon juice. Heat for about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in pasta water, olive oil, and gorgonzola (if you're adding it). Toss until everything is well combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve right away with chopped pistachios as a garnish.