If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Beets & Red Cabbage Pasta - to add the Gorgonzola or not to add the Gorgonzola... that is the question. —mtlabor
cups elbow macaroni/spiral pasta
slices Pancetta, chopped
golden beets, peeled and cubed
1 & 1/2
cups beef stock
tablespoons olive oil
juice from 1 lemon
ounces Gorgonzola crumbles (optional)
cup pistachios, chopped
garlic cloves, minced
cup red cabbage, shredded
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet under medium high heat, and add pancetta. Cook until pancetta starts to brown, about 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove the pancetta and set aside on paper towel-lined plate, leaving any grease in the pan.
- Add the beets, cabbage, and garlic to pan. Saute for about 1 minute and add in beef stock. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions for al dente. Drain pasta and reserve about 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Toss the pasta in with the beets and cabbage along with lemon juice. Heat for about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in pasta water, olive oil, and gorgonzola (if you're adding it). Toss until everything is well combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve right away with chopped pistachios as a garnish.