If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: FatLadFood: http://fatladfood.com/salad...
It is fair to say, being a FatLad, salad wouldn’t be my first place to go when looking for a healthy meal. Yet I come back time and time again, to my Chicken Caesar Salad.
Why? Well it was something I first tried in a restaurant one day, because I was sick of the same old chicken dinners. Caesar Salad, although not very new , was new to me, and what a revelation it was!
So now I have made my own, semi-healthy version, using yogurt instead of mayo, in a bid to try and cut down the calories, but keep the taste.
So I guess Salad is my friend after all. —FatLadFood
For the Dressing
Clove of Garlic
tablespoons Greek Yogurt
tablespoon Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
For the Salad
Rashers of Bacon
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 5.
- Bash the chicken into thinner breasts, using some grease-proof paper and a rolling pin.
- Salt & Pepper both sides to your own taste
- Grill on both sides using a grill pan, and then place in the oven for 15mins. Do the same with the bacon, you want it to be nice and crispy. Put two eggs in a saucepan with water, to boil for 15mins on a high heat, rolling boil.
- To Make the Dressing
- Crush the garlic clove in a pestle and mortar.
- Add the yogurt, and mix well with the garlic paste.
- Add in the oil, lemon juice, grated Parmesan and seasoning.
- Give it a final mix and leave to the side to get acquainted with one another.
- To Build the Salad
- Chop up the lettuce and spring onion and add to a salad bowl.
- Toast both slices of bread in the oven, so they are toasted right through.
- Chop the eggs and toast and add to the salad bowl.
- Chop up the chicken and bacon, and add to the salad bowl.
- Drizzle all of the dressing over the salad, and then combine thoroughly.