If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We've become a little obsessed with these fruit bars. This version we made for bookclub and the raspberry and lime combo was amazing. Sweet and tart with a little floral note from the almond extract. The graham flour was an experiment and it gave the bars a nice chew, and a slightly more dense bite which pared well with some Vanilla Ice cream! —Rebecca and Ruth
Makes one 8 inch cake pan or one 8 inch square pyrex
- 1 cup Graham Flour
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Cold Butter, diced
- 1 Egg, whisked
- Zest of one Lime
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- juice of one Lime
- 2 teaspoons Cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 2 1/2 cups Raspberries
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees
- Grease an 8’ inch cake or Pyrex baking dish.
- In a medium bowl mix flour, graham flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and lime zest.
- Add the diced cold butter and egg to the dry ingredients, cutting it all in with a pastry cutter or fork. You can also use your fingers to break up any large pieces of butter.
- Once the mixture resembles crumbs, press half into the pan.
- In another bowl, add sugar, limejuice, cornstarch and almond extract and mix, then, carefully stir in berries.
- Spread fruit with juices evenly on top of dough and sprinkle with remaining dough. You want some fruit peeking out.
- Cool before slicing.