If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Need an impressive pasta recipe for a date night in? This Brown Butter Bucatini With Scallops and Broccolini will do just that! —Paige
ounces bucatini pasta
ounces sea scallops
ounces broccolini, ends trimmed
cup freshly grated parmesan
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and add bucatini. Bucatini takes a couple minutes longer than traditional spaghetti. When pasta is almost al dente, add broccolini to the boiling water. When the pasta and broccolini are ready, drain and add them back into the hot pot. You want the broccolini to remain bright green and still have a bite to it.
- While the pasta and broccolini are cooking, heat a medium cast iron skillet and oil over medium-high heat.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the scallops and sear in the hot oil, 2-3 minutes per side. The scallops will loosen from the pan when they're perfectly golden, so don't force them.
- To make the sage browned butter, heat a medium pan over medium heat and allow butter to melt with the sage leaves. Swirl occasionally as it starts to brown, being careful not to burn it. The butter will smell sweet and nutty when it's ready.
- Pour browned butter over bucatini and broccolini and toss to coat. Toss with grated parmesan and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve pasta with seared scallops on top and addition sage and parmesan, if desired.
More Great Recipes: