If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a meal-prep lifesaver for me, and what I consider a warm hug in a bowl of a meal. Its versatile, adaptable, and comes together in a flash. I'll often prepare it whilst preparing lunch for the day if I'm home so that there's always a warm dinner waiting just in case life strikes! —Jr0717
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup Pumpkin or sweet potato puree
- 3.5 cups Roughly chopped mixed vegetables (whatever you have on hand! When I first made this soup, I used broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and peas)
- 1/3 medium onion, chopped
- 1.5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Turmeric
- 1.5 teaspoons Paprika
- 1.5 teaspoons Cinnamon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Chop all of the vegetables, onion, and dice the garlic. In the bottom of a large pot, heat approximately 1 tablespoon olive oil, and sautée the onion and garlic until fragrant.
- Add the puree and cook until the puree begins to brown slightly, stirring the onion and garlic into the puree as it cooks. Add the spices and incorporate.
- When the puree is just slightly browned and dry, add the veggies, black beans, lemon juice, and stock. The actual amount of stock used will depend on the size of your veggies - they should just be covered by the stock, not floating!
- Bring to a quick boil, cover, and let simmer until the veggies are soft. Serve piping hot with cool avocado and your favorite blanket to cozy up in!