Author Notes: It's based on a recipe from Susan Hermann Loomis's Farmhouse cooking. We often polish off 2 dozen of these and call it dinner. You can eat the wingtips, bones and all. —chava
chicken wings with tips
cup lemon juice
cup extra virgin olive oil
cloves garlic, slivered lengthwise
sprigs fresh rosemary, stripped and bruised
salt and pepper
- Pick out any feathers from wings.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients well in a large ceramic bowl.
- Add wings and mix well, so all are coated.
- Marinate at room temperature, at least all day, stirring and mixing when you happen to pass by.
- Heat oven to 425. Cook 30-45 minutes until really crisp, turning pan once or twice.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature. They don't refrigerate well.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken Wings