Author Notes: This recipe is a modification to one I have found and have loved to use for Christmas from Gathering Beauty (http://www.gatheringbeauty.com/2013/12/cinnamon-pastry-star-party-snacks.html#.UrGqmdJdWRY). I modified it to be an easy Valentine's Day treat. —Kerry
Makes: 24 cookies
Package Puff Pastry (I used both sheets)
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Roll out your puff pastry and using a cookie cutter press out your chosen shape. I used hearts for Valentine's Day
- Mix together your cocoa powder and sugar. I used an equal ratio and added more as needed.
- Brush a little beaten egg onto the top of each cookie and then dip into the cocoa and sugar mixture.
- Place on your lined baking tray and bake for 20-25 mins. Remove from oven and leave to cool before removing from tray.