If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Cheesy, tomatoey goodness of lasagna in your soup bowl. —DelalloFoods
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 3/4 pound loose sweet Italian sausage
- 25 ounces Pomodoro Fresco Tomato Basil Sauce
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 9 ounces No-boil lasagna
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- In a large sauce pot, heat olive oil on a medium-high setting. Cook onions and garlic until soft.
- Add sausage and break apart while cooking. Once sausage is cooked through, about 6-7 minutes, stir in sauce and stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, break lasagna noodles and add them to boiling water. Cook until just tender, very al dente. Drain noodles and toss with a touch of olive oil to avoid sticking.
- Gently stir cooked noodles, basil and heavy cream into the soup and cook together for about 2 minutes. Serve topped with a generous scoop of ricotta and grated Parmesan.