Author Notes: Cheesy, tomatoey goodness of lasagna in your soup bowl. —DelalloFoods
tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
cup chopped yellow onion
pound loose sweet Italian sausage
ounces Pomodoro Fresco Tomato Basil Sauce
cups vegetable stock
ounces No-boil lasagna
cup chopped fresh basil leaves
cup heavy cream
clove garlic, chopped
In This Recipe
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- In a large sauce pot, heat olive oil on a medium-high setting. Cook onions and garlic until soft.
- Add sausage and break apart while cooking. Once sausage is cooked through, about 6-7 minutes, stir in sauce and stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, break lasagna noodles and add them to boiling water. Cook until just tender, very al dente. Drain noodles and toss with a touch of olive oil to avoid sticking.
- Gently stir cooked noodles, basil and heavy cream into the soup and cook together for about 2 minutes. Serve topped with a generous scoop of ricotta and grated Parmesan.