If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A deep dish pizza for meat lovers—loaded with sausage and prosciutto—and crust lovers. The crust comes up the sides of the springform pan making it super deep dish. Really, it's a deep dish pizza for pizza lovers. —Erin McDowell
Makes one deep 9-inch pizza
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 recipe Deep Dish Pizza Dough (https://food52.com/recipes/68114-deep-dish-pizza-dough)
- 1 1/3 cups Thick Tomato Sauce (https://food52.com/recipes/68116-deep-dish-tomato-and-mozzarella-pizza), divided
- 4 cooked garlic or Italian sausages, sliced into rounds
- 3 ounces prosicutto
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thickly sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped thyme
- Generously oil a 9-inch springform pan (can use a regular cake pan, too—just make sure it has at least 3-inch deep sides) with olive oil.
- Using lightly floured or oiled hands, press the dough out into a large circle shape. Use your hands to gently stretch the dough at the edges until it is slightly larger than the pan.
- Transfer the dough to the pan and turn it over to coat it on both sides with oil. Use your fingers to stipple it all over with your fingers to make it evenly cover the base of the pan. It should come up the sides too, by at least 2 inches,
- Let the dough rest for 15-20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Add a thin layer of sauce (about 1/3 cup) on top of the crust—spread into an even layer. Layer the sausage, prosciutto, onion, and mozzarella evenly on top of the sauce.
- Top with the remaining 1 cup of sauce and an even layer of thyme. Bake the pizza until the edges are golden brown and the sauce is bubbly, 45-50 minutes.
- Let cool at least 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!