If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Flatbreads in restaurants are a personal favorite and I was inspired to develop a sweet and savory recipe using dates because they pair so well with flavors like garlic and salty prosciutto —Jane
- 2 Naan
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Minced garlic
- 1/2 cup Hummus (homemade or store bought)
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives thinly sliced
- 6 Pickled Piquillo peppers thinly sliced
- 6 Medjool dates pitted and chopped
- 6 ounces Crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 pound Prosciutto thinly sliced then julienned
- 2 cups Arugula
- 1/2 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- pinches Sugar
- splashes Balsamic glaze, purchased or homemade
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the two naan on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Combine olive oil and minced garlic in a large bowl and brush the mixture on the naan. Reserve the garlic oil for the arugula salad topping.
- Bake the naan for 6 minutes to crisp them up a bit. Remove from oven and spread them with the hummus.
- Layer the olives, Piquilllo peppers and dates evenly over the naan. Sprinkle the goat cheese in top and divide the prosciutto over the cheese.
- Bake the naan for 8-10 minutes.
- While the naan is baking, add the balsamic vinegar to the oil and garlic remaining in the large bowl and toss in the arugula.
- Remove naan from oven and pile the arugula on them. Drizzle each one with balsamic glaze. Cut the flatbreads into 4 strips each and serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates