If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Date and cashew cake is a super moist, soft and delicious, healthy eggless cake, dotted with bits of nutritious date and cashew pieces throughout, made totally vegan (with no butter or milk products) and with whole wheat flour —Vanitha
Makes one 9-inch cake
cup All Purpose Flour
cup Whole Wheat Flour
cup Vegetable oil
cup Powdered Sugar
cup Chopped cashew nuts
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Centigrade or 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and flour a 9-inch round baking pan or line with aluminum foil and then grease and flour.
- Deseed and chop the dates. Soak in just enough water for 30 minutes to an hour. In a mixing bowl, beat oil and sugar with a spoon or fork.
- Mix in the chopped cashew nuts. Pour or spoon into the greased baking pan and level with a spoon. Bake for about 30 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the center of the cake, comes out clean.
- Any type of nuts can be used in the place of cashew nuts. The cake is so moist, you can use only whole wheat flour and it will not affect the texture too much.
- I have not added any flavoring as we do not like the smell of the dates to be overpowered by any other flavor. If you prefer, you can either add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract/essence or 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates