If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a delicious and healthy cake with dates, maple syrup and walnuts! I did see this recipe in Rebecca Katz's recipe book. —Lauren
- 1/2 cup Medjool dates, pitted, cut up in 1/4's
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 tablespoons Maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- Put these ingredients in a saucepan and cook 5-7 minutes until tender on low heat. Set aside.
- 1/2 cup Ground walnuts
- 1 cup Almond flour
- 1 tablespoon Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Put walnuts, almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt together in a large bowl. Combine all ingredients and crumble together.
- Put the date mixture in the food processor and process until smooth.
- Add 3 Tbsp. Olive oil, 2 large eggs and 2 tsp. Vanilla. Add to the walnut mixture.
- Fold in 3ounces of chopped dark chocolate (70%)
- Pour mixture into an 8inch springform pan that has been oiled. Line with parchment paper. Bake 20-25 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool and remove sides.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates