If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Baked spicy salmon served with nutty Israeli couscous & chickpeas and drizzled with harissa —Vicky | Things I Made Today
- 1 pound salmon fillets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt
- 1 yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup Israeli couscous, dry
- 1 15 ounces can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 cups baby kale
- 1/4 cup raisins, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons harissa
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place salmon on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and Kosher salt. Bake for 12-15 minutes, depending on thickness, until just barely pink.
- In a small saucepan, cook Israeli couscous based on packaging instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium sized skillet over medium high heat. Add onions and cook until translucent. Stir in chickpeas, turmeric, cumin, cinnamon, paprika, and salt. Toss everything to coat, then stir in baby kale. Cook until kale has wilted, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in raisins and lemon juice. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- To plate, divide couscous and chickpea mixture among four plates. Top with salmon and drizzle with harissa.