If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I wanted to make a spicy chocolate cookie similar to Marich Dark Chocolate Chipotle Almonds. These cookies are delicious and hold up nicely when dunked in milk. Enjoy! —Caitlin Hoey
Makes 2 dozen
- 1/4 pound butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flower
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flower
- 1/4 cup coco powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Cream butter and sugars in a large bowl.
- Add the vanilla followed by 1 egg.
- In separate bowl, whisk together flours, coco powder, salt, red pepper flakes, and baking soda.
- Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Roll the dough into a log 1 and a half inches in diameter. Wrap the dough in parchment paper.
- Chill the dough over night.
- Cut quarter inch slices of dough from the dough log. Place 12 cookies on a baking sheet (the cookies don't spread very much).
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 minutes.