If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: While I love serving my bacon wrapped dates as an appetizer at family gatherings and parties, they often take longer to make than I have time for. I found the solution and came up with this wonderful shortcut you'll be serving at every party and gathering from now on!
This recipe uses just two dishes to make, a cookie sheet and your food processor making it a perfect dish to get done a day before guests arrive. It also only requires 4 ingredients so it won't take up too much of your budget or shopping cart! —Jennifer Usalis Randall
- 12 ounces Pitted Medjool Dates
- 1 pound Bacon
- 10 ounces Goat Cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste(I like using fresh cracked black peppercorns)
- OPTIONAL: Smoked Almonds
- On a foil lined cookie sheet, bake all of the bacon at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until crispy. Remove from oven and cool on paper towels to absorb any bacon grease.
- While the bacon is cooling, place goat cheese into the food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Add bacon and dates(and almonds if you choose)to the mix and pulse until incorporated. Salt and pepper to taste during this step. Make sure texture is spreadable
- Chill for about an hour to set and serve with crackers or crostini of your choice to spread on.