If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Whether you are making a light main dish or a heavier main dish, this refreshing broccoli and cranberry slaw is the perfect side. Tossed in a balsamic dijon dressing and featuring thinly sliced fennel, this slaw provides crunch and satisfaction all in one. —Ali Conklin
Makes about 4 cups
- 3 cups shredded broccoli (from about 1 large-ish head)
- 1 cup thinly sliced and then roughly chopped fennel
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons whole grain dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli*, fennel, and cranberries. Set aside. *the best way to shred the broccoli is to cut the stalks off, and slice chunks of the head so that you can feed each piece through a food processor fitted with the shredding disk.*
- In a small glass or bowl, combine the olive oil, mustard, balsamic, salt, and pepper and whisk with a small whisk or fork to emulsify (see above picture for ideal texture), about 1 minute.
- Pour the dressing over the broccoli mix then toss to thoroughly coat. Eat immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. Will last about 4-5 days in the fridge. Enjoy!