If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We all have busy schedules and not having the time to prepare satisfying meals on the fly can be challenging. That’s why I’m a fan of utilizing beans, veggies and herbs along with basic pantry products to make a nutritious, colorful and tasty meal!
This filling and fancy tuna salad will do exactly that. And surprisingly, hummus is a great alternative to mayo here. —Basil and Roses
- 19 ounces can cannelini beans
- 1/2-1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 zest of 1 lemon
- 1 can good tuna in olive oil
- 1/2-1 juice of 1 lemon based on taste
- 2 teaspoons dried mint
- 2-3 tablespoons plain hummus
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustart
- 1 toasted pita
- Combine beans, jalapeno, tomato, red onion and lemon zest.
- Add Tuna, squeeze lemon juice, add hummus, Dijon mustard and mix gently.
- Sprinkle with dried mint and fold in all ingredients.
- Serve with toasted pita and enjoy!
- Salt + Pepper to taste