If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was created out of two desires. The first was to have Caribbean jerk chicken any time I wanted it. However, after doing some research and realizing that good jerk chicken has exactly 1.9 million ingredients in it, it fostered a second desire: simplifying the recipe. —CommonDialog
- Oil for frying
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pinch onion, finely minced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 ounce crushed pineapple
- Heat oil to 375.
- Coat chicken with salt and pepper.
- Fry chicken until cooked all the way through and golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.
- While the chicken is frying, add the butter to a skillet and cook the onions until they form a soft paste.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Cook until thick.
- Toss wings in the sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken Wings