If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was inspired from a salad I had at a local pizza joint in Chicago years ago. I don't remember what was in it other than broccoli and dates but it was such an unexpected (and delicious) combination I had to have it again. —Michelle Barry
- Juice of 2 limes, about 1/4 cup
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 shallot, minced, about 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine first seven dressing ingredients in a salad shaker or mason jar and whisk (or shake) until thoroughly combined.
- Taste dressing and season with kosher salt if necessary.
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 cup Medjool dates, about 10, pitted and chopped in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 head broccoli, about 2 lb, cored and chopped into 1-inch florets
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Preheat grill or grill pan.
- Combine lime juice and olive oil in a large bowl or plastic bag.
- Add broccoli florets and toss (or shake the bag) until coated thoroughly.
- Sprinkle florets with salt and place on the grill. You can place them directly on the grill with tongs or in a grill basket.
- Grill for 10 to 12 minutes, flipping them once, until the florets are charred in places and tender but still have a little bit of bite to them.
- Place the warm florets in a large bowl.
- Add dressing a little bit at a time by pouring it down the sides of the bowl and folding in the florets until they are evenly coated but not too wet.
- Add the peanuts and dates and toss until combined.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates