If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As I am sure a lot of our readers know, matcha (mah . cha) is a finely milled Japanese green tea. The buds are handpicked from tea leaves, dried, and then stone ground to a fine, talc-like powder. Matcha tea embodies a delicious blend of savory, sweet, and grassy flavor. This bright green powder makes an excellent addition to a wide range of recipes. Matcha is also a great immunity booster and mood enhancer, so if this winter has you feeling down our Matcha Green Tea Muffin recipe is a must try!
This is an easy to make, Paleo inspired recipe, which means: grain-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free. We also try and use all organic and non-GMO ingredients. For this recipe you will be combining a few tablespoons of matcha powder along with coconut flour, unsweetened apple sauce and fresh dates to create a nutrient dense filled muffin batter. Once the muffins are fresh out of the oven, you’ll drizzle a thin layer of raw honey over each muffin.
Coconut flour is a good source of fiber and saturated fat, but sometimes causes bake goods to come out with a drier consistency. That’s why I’ve added apple sauce to the list of ingredients. Unsweetened apple sauce will always help to give the right amount of moisture to any cake or muffin! And lastly, because most of us have a sweet tooth (or a full blown sugar addiction), the dates and honey glaze helps to give the muffins a naturally sweeter taste. —The Avant-Garden
cup coconut flour
tablespoons matcha green tea powder
tablespoon baking powder
teaspoon baking soda
dates, pitted and chopped
teaspoons vanilla extract
cup unsweetened apple sauce
tablespoons raw honey
cup pistachio nuts, chopped
Vitamix (or conventional blender)
- 1. Preparing Your Matcha Green Tea & Date Muffins: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and then begin prepping your ingredients as followed.
- 2. Sift the coconut flour before combining with the rest of your dry ingredients. This method will help to break down any lumps in the flour. Once your flour is sifted, combine with the rest of your dry ingredients. Add the chopped dates and stir to coat with the dry ingredients.
- 3. In another bowl, whisk together the apple sauce, egg and vanilla extract. Or, if you are a proud owner of a food processor and or Vitamix, pour all of the wet ingredients directly into it. Pulse for 10-20 seconds. Do not over mix.
- 4. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir until blended. Again, be careful not to over mix otherwise your batter will loose its texture.
- 5. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each about three-fourths full. Cook for about 15-20 minutes. Once the muffins are fully cooked, remove from the oven. Drizzle a small amount of raw honey over the tops of each muffin, then add a pinch of chopped pistachios for a more decorative appearance.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates