If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Dark Chocolate Breakfast Granola is very easy to make, healthy and a great Christmas gift for your family or friends. —VibrantPlate
- 100 grams honey
- 2 teaspoons cacao powder
- 50 grams puffed rice
- 450 grams rolled oats
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 80 grams flaked almonds
- 80 grams toasted hazelnuts
- 100 grams 70% dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180 °C / 355 °F. Line baking tray with baking paper.
- In a pan heat 50 g (about 3-4 tbs) of honey until the honey becomes quite liquid. Remove from heat and add cacao powder. Combine well, then add puffed rice and coat with the cacao and honey mixture. Spread the cacao-coated puffed rice onto the baking paper and set aside to cool down.
- In a large bowl combine rolled oats, pinch of salt, vanilla extract, flaked almonds, and roughly chopped toasted hazelnuts. Heat the remaining 50 g honey to turn it liquid, then slowly pour over the oats, stirring it well into the oats mixture. Make sure to combine ingredients well.
- Spread the granola mix evenly on two baking trays lined with baking paper. Put in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes, stirring it occasionally to give it an even toast. Then, mix in the cacao-coated puffed rice and bake for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool. When cooled, mix in finely chopped dark chocolate bits.
- Store in airtight container.