If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Visiting girlfriends in Denver a few years back and we had lunch at Cherry Creek Grill. Loved the Macho Salad we ordered so, I jotted down some ingredients for inspiration and went home to concoct my version. Don't know what Dressing they used but, my home made Vinaigrette was a hit with group I was entertaining. —Donna
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons peanut or canola oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the orange juice & maple syrup in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat & simmer until reduced to about 1/3 cup. 15-20 minutes
- 8 cups Romaine or Mixed Greens
- 2 tomatoes, cut into large pieces
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 cup frozen roasted corn kernels, thawed
- 2 avocadoes, cut in large chunks
- 6 medjool dates, cut each into 3-4 pieces
- 1/2 cup almonds, toasted & coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2-3 cups roaster chicken, cut into large chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place almonds on a baking sheet & toast for about 10-12 minutes. Cool & coarsely chop
- Put the lettuce in a large Salad bowl. Top with chicken, tomato, cabbage, corn, avocado, dates, toasted almonds & goat cheese. Do not toss.
- Drizzle generously with Maple-Orange Vinaigrette. You may not use all of the dressing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates