If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I got a big surprise when I opened the package of what the label claimed was chicken. My heart was set on Italian chicken with artichoke sauce for dinner. I had peeled potatoes to make the best mashed potatoes and had all my ingredients out. What I found in the package was the other white meat. Instead of chicken, we had impromptu pork chops with mustard sauce. Although it turned out delicious, I was still muttering under my breath... —All that's Jas
- 4 large boneless pork chops
- salt and black pepper to taste
- a dashes ginger powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- In a large pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Season pork chops with salt, pepper, and ginger (I always dust pork with ginger; it gives the meat a little extra something-something). Add chops to the pan and sear until browned, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- In the same pan add the chicken broth and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and add lemon juice, mustard, and heavy cream, stirring until combined. Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- To serve, spoon sauce over pork chops.