If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was intrigued by a recipe for scrambled eggs with dates that is popular in the Middle East. As a vegan, I 'm often experimenting with tofu scrambles. I thought dates in a tofu scramble would be excellent and it is! —Leanne Woodward
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 3/4 cup Majool dates, pitted and chopped
- 15 ounces firm tofu, crumbled
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
- salt to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and fennel, sprinkle them with salt and garam marsala and cook until they start to brown and caramelize.
- Add the dates and tofu and stir until heated through.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cilantro and pistachios. Add salt to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates