Author Notes: These Chocolaty Walnut Date Balls are vegan, have no added sugar, and are quick and easy to make. There is also a gluten-free option! —Debbie
cup Natural Delights Medjool Dates, pitted
cup Oat bran
cup Dairy-free chocolate chips
cup Hemp hearts For gluten-free substitute shredded coconut or cocoa powder)
In This Recipe
- Add the walnuts to a food processor and pulse until they are the consistency of a coarse meal.
- Add the dates and oat bran and process until almost smooth. Break up large chunks of date with a spatula.
- Add the chocolate chips and process until they are broken into small pieces.
- Roll the mixture into balls (makes about 8-10).
- Pour the hemp hearts (or coconut/cocoa powder) onto a small plate and roll the balls in it until evenly coated.
- Refrigerate for an hour or two before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates