If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These Chocolaty Walnut Date Balls are vegan, have no added sugar, and are quick and easy to make. There is also a gluten-free option! —Debbie
- 1 cup Natural Delights Medjool Dates, pitted
- 1 cup Walnuts
- 1/4 cup Oat bran
- 1/4 cup Dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Hemp hearts For gluten-free substitute shredded coconut or cocoa powder)
- Add the walnuts to a food processor and pulse until they are the consistency of a coarse meal.
- Add the dates and oat bran and process until almost smooth. Break up large chunks of date with a spatula.
- Add the chocolate chips and process until they are broken into small pieces.
- Roll the mixture into balls (makes about 8-10).
- Pour the hemp hearts (or coconut/cocoa powder) onto a small plate and roll the balls in it until evenly coated.
- Refrigerate for an hour or two before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates