Author Notes: This pizza was inspired by my staple travel sandwich: brie, fig preserves, arugula, and walnuts. I hoped that date paste would be a good stand in for the fig preserves. —Kristen Whittington
cup date paste
pounds brie (I used St. Angel)
cup toasted walnuts
- 1. Preheat the oven to 425.
- 2. Roll out your pizza dough and place on a baking sheet then prick with a fork.
- 3. Bake the crust for 5 minutes or until you can gently lift the side of the crust and it comes up easily.
- 4. Spread the date paste across the crust like you would tomato sauce
- 5. Top with slices of the brie and place back in the oven until the cheese has begun to pool (this took around 6 minutes for me)
- 6. Scatter walnuts, arugula, and prosciutto on top of the warm pizza and slice.