Author Notes: This recipe combines medjool dates, oats, walnuts, Granny Smith apple, and a dash of cinnamon to create bon bons that are then dipped in melted chocolate and rolled in unsweetened coconut flakes. —Eat the Vegan Rainbow
Granny Smith apple
ounces chocolate, vegan
cup coconut flakes, unsweetened
- Soak medjool dates in warm water for 30 - 60 minutes.
- Place oats and walnuts into a food processor and grind them into a fine meal. Pour the power out into a large mixing bowl.
- Core Granny Smith apple, but don't peel it. Add it to the food processor and processes it until very fine. Add the apple to the walnut and oats mix.
- Drain the dates. Using a small food processor or a hand held (stick) blender, blend the dates into a nice paste. Add the paste to the mixing bowl.
- Add the cinnamon to the mixing bowl and mix everything together using a wooden spoon or a spatula.
- Using a measuring spoon, spoon out one scoop at the time and form a ball. The recipe should make 18-24 balls. Once formed, place the balls on a freezer safe tray and leave them in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Just before 30 minutes is up, melt the chocolate either in the microwave or using a double boiler.
- Place 1/4 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes at a time in a flat dish. Take the balls out of the freezer, dip them into the melted chocolate and roll them into the coconut flakes.
- Leave the finished balls on the kitchen counter for about 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates